Deluxe White Christmas Bark
Vegan, Gluten free, Keto friendly, Refined sugar free, Soy Free option, kid friendly, freezer friendly
500gm dried coconut
½ cup raw almonds
½ cup shelled pistachios
½ cup raw macadamias
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup freeze dried raspberries
¼ cup freeze dried blackcurrants
2 oranges or 2 lemons
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup cacao powder
⅛ teaspoon fine ground sea salt
2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F). Roughly chop almonds, pistachios and macadamia nuts and spread over a baking tray. Put in the oven and roast for 12 to 14 minutes until lightly roasted. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Line a 20cmx30cm cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Roughly chop cranberries and raspberries and set aside.
- Zest oranges or lemons. This can be done with a zester or by peeling the skin off the fruit then chopping the skin into small pieces.
- Place the dried coconut in bowl of a high speed blender and blend on highest setting for 10 minutes until it is liquid, warm and milky. Pour this onto the parchment paper in the 20cmx30cm cake pan.
- Sprinkle mixed nuts onto coconut, top with dried cranberries, raspberries, blackcurrants and citrus zest.
- Refrigerate until set. Overnight is ideal.
- In a small pot, melt coconut oil over low heat. Whisk in cacao powder, salt and maple syrup until completely smooth.
- Remove coconut bark from fridge and turn upside down onto a clean surface. Remove the parchment paper from base of bark and return it to the cake pan. Place coconut bark back onto the parchment paper upside down.
- With the help of a pastry brush, spread the chocolate mixture over the base of the coconut bark.
- Return to fridge until set. About half an hour.
- Remove coconut bark from fridge and break into rough pieces.
- Store in fridge in airtight container.