- Organic premium Belgian chocolate
- Organic NZ blackcurrants
- Healthy superfood indulgence
Research shows blackcurrants may help improve
- Recovery & Performance in Exercise
- Control Muscle Damage & Soreness
- Assist & Enhance Immune Protection
- Eye Health & Vision
- Cancer Prevention
- Brain Function
- Blood Circulation
- Blood Pressure/ Cholesterol
Recent studies have shown blackcurrants to contain higher levels of antioxidant (orac) than 24 other tested fruits. Antioxidants are well known for protecting the body from harmful free radicals absorbed through metabolic processes within the body that cause tissue damage.
Vitamin C is not produced naturally by the body and is a powerful antioxidant in its own right. Blackcurrants contain higher levels of vitamin C than any other commercial fruit or vegetables.
Interesting facts on Blackcurrants
- Blackcurrants contain approximately twice the antioxidant activity of blueberries and considered one of the best sources of antioxidants.
- Oranges have always been thought to be the richest source of Vitamin C. However, blackcurrants actually supply up to four times more Vitamin C than oranges.
- A number of studies by Japanese scientists link blackcurrants to a range of health benefits. Researchers at Hirosaki University found that the anthocyanins found in NZ blackcurrants at high levels, help to maintain optimal eye health. A recent study also found that dark rings under tired eyes were reduced after consuming blackcurrant extracts. The polyphenols in blackcurrants are believed to improve blood circulation.
Research from the NZ Institute for Plant & Food Research suggests that blackcurrants help to reduce inflammation, boost our immune systems and help us to recover from the impact of exercise.
New research shows NZ Blackcurrants can keep your brain healthy! Researchers say New Zealand blackcurrants can keep people mentally young and agile, and aid in managing the effects of depression and Parkinson’s disease.